Rationale of the Program
The Masters of Science program in Human Resource Management reflects the evolution of HR management from a process driven business function to strategic organizational partner. Through this program the learner will develop an appreciation of the impact HR can have on the success of an organization’s bottom line.
The program is intended to equip the learners with the skills and understanding to succeed in a variety of roles relating to human and knowledge capital. The program also provides students with comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of significant contemporary issues in business and management research with a particular emphasis on issues relating to Human Resource Management and Consulting
Why study the program
The program is intended to fill the forgoing identified gaps in business management skills development in the following areas: –
- Strategic Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Production and Operation Management
- Small Business Management
- Marketing Management
- The course incorporates technology to meet the demands of the current job market and anticipated continued influence of electronic trade in conducting business in modern times.
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university by the senate with a minimum of 2nd class honors upper division qualification. Or
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university by the senate with a minimum of 2nd class honors lower division qualification with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
The course takes duration of two academic years [4 semesters]