There is public demand for human capital that is well versed with practical and theoretical issues in the development discourse and well equipped to address the myriad challenges emanating from development.
Objectives of the Program
- To equip students with the academic skills in critical thinking necessary for understanding development in the contexts of economics, governance and other related courses.
- To expose students to development studies as a multidisciplinary subject in order to cultivate interdisciplinary knowledge and skills of development and make them aware of the multiple challenges facing the developing world.
- To enable students to learn theories and concepts that help in exploring the paths leading to sustainable development.
- To provide students with skills of social science research including writing and designing research project proposals; and research methodologies using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- To prepare students to work in diverse development programs and projects both in international, regional, national and rural and urban settings.
- To develop effective leadership qualities among the students so as to materialize development works in the area of need with higher level of achievement.
This program targets the first degree holders in related field who want to specialize in development studies, people working with NGOs and Government in the department of gender, Development and social services.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- A bachelors’s degree in Development Studies, Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences with at least a second class honors (upper division).
- A bachelors degree in Development Studies with at least second class honors (lower division) with and a minimum of two years experience.
Mode of delivery
- Part time(Weekend)
- Virtual Learning
The course takes duration of two academic years [4 semesters]