In filling the gaps identified in the training of business professionals, the MBA program is designed to recognize that its graduates will; inter alia.
- Have strong business orientation and management knowledge in order to provide skills and abilities that will enable successful performance of manpower systems in business organizations
- Exhibit strong ethical principles, good interpersonal communication values and virtues through appropriate business managers codes of conduct
- Have strong analytic and critical thinking, knowledge, skills and abilities to conceptualize and systemize people, principles, procedures, and data in business enterprises
- Design and implement business management solutions that enhance business organizational performance
Rationale of the programme
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program of Mount Kenya University, Rwanda addresses the need to develop individuals with essential knowledge skills, techniques and understanding for managerial careers. The program caters for participants who have undergone prior business training as well as those whose professional background and pursuits are in other disciplines. As such, it is designed to meet the educational and technical needs of various professional fields and study, namely: business, health, law, education, engineering etc.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program brings together fresh graduates and those from a variety of professional areas in the private and public sectors. It provides an opportunity for students to extend their academic experience by working with colleagues in related fields of specialization. The program is, therefore, analytically oriented: combining lectures, class discussions, case studies, individual and group assignment and development of research skills. Links with the business
community, industry and other business institutions are an important component of the MBA program. Students can major in the following disciplines:
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources Management
Why study the program
The program is intended to fill the forgoing identified gaps in business management skills development in the following areas: –
- Strategic Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Production and Operation Management
- Small Business Management
- Marketing Management
The course incorporates technology to meet the demands of the current job market and anticipated continued influence of electronic trade in conducting business in modern times.
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university by the senate with a minimum of 2nd class honors upper division qualification. Or
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university by the senate with a minimum of 2nd class honors lower division qualification with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
The course takes duration of two academic years [4 semesters]