The program is meant to meet the current need for managers with broad based training, who are at the same time specialists in a given area of business. Students will be equipped with the most current and appropriate knowledge for service to the business community.
The flexibility of the Bachelor of Commerce program will allow Learners to experience a variety of business disciplines before choosing one to major in. Students can major in the following disciplines
- Marketing Management
The B.Com program offers an intellectually challenging curriculum which provides students with education for careers in business. The interdisciplinary nature of the program allows students to analyze, formulate, judge, and solve challenging business problems. The course is structured to reflect the changing world of commerce and to provide a firm foundation for the world of work, including the necessary skills, ethical principles and general knowledge needed for decision-making in a business environment.
Why study the program
The business world today requires dynamic players who are well anchored in their disciplines to be able to proactively deal with challenges in dynamic and highly competitive situations. This program prepares one to be versatile in their approach to business
Two principal passes and a subsidiary in any two of the following subjects: Mathematics, Commerce,
- Entrepreneurship, Law , Audit with 13 grade points in RNEC-S6
- Diploma from a recognized University
Exemptions and credit transfers
- A maximum of 15 units can be transferred for relevant units covered at degree or diploma level whose attainment is grade B or 60 marks and above.
- A student is eligible for credit transfer for similar units undertaken in an institution of higher learning recognized by the commission for higher education subject to the University policy on credit transfers.
- Evidence supporting the application should include certified academic transcripts and certificates
The following conditions should be met in seeking an exemption for a particular subject:
- The applicant shall pay a non-refundable credit transfer/exemption fee as determined by the School Board and approved by the Senate.
- A formal application on a prescribed form should be lodged with the Dean of School.
- The application should include justification and documentary support for the exemption to be considered.
- The applicant must have passed the final examinations for the year in which the subject to be exempted was examined.
- No exemption shall be granted for professional or clinical subjects.
The course takes duration of four academic years