Information Technology is changing continuously and rapidly. Globalization and liberalization are radically reshaping technologically, the Information Technology development practices.
The Bachelor of Business Information Technology program shall provide an interdisciplinary approach for training Information Technology professionals who need working competency in all sectors of the economy.
Why study the program
The program will therefore provide Business Information & Communication Technology graduates with a real world technological experience that will prepare them into the fields of Business and Information Technology for the economic growth and prosperity of the region and world at large.
High School graduates and Diploma in Business information & communication technology holders who wish to take a career in Business and ICT sector as programmers, web developers, database designers and administrators, networking, Business managers, business developers among others.
- To provide students with a broad base knowledge of Business and Information Technology in order to manage the information in modern world.
- To provide an understanding of perspectives that forms the context of Information Technology.
- To provide graduates with practical real world examples of equipment and services found in modern world.
- To provide Business Information Technology graduates with knowledge skills to enable them manage modern businesses using information technology.
- To produce an Information Technology professional whose qualification will be recognized in the world of modern world.
- Rwanda National Examination Council high school (secondary education) certificate with two principal passes and a subsidiary in any two science related subjects :Mathematics , Physics , computer, web design, Electricity or any other subject with at least 13 grade points
- Any other qualification recognized by Senate of Mount Kenya University, and equivalent to a Rwanda National Examination Council high school (secondary education) certificate.
- Diploma in relevant disciplines in the field of information technology from an institution recognized by the university senate.Exemptions and credit transfersA maximum of 15 credit transfers for diploma holders of I.T. and related diplomas recognized by the Mount Kenya University, Rwanda senate for individual subjects as per credit transfer/ exemption policyCourse Duration
The course takes duration of four academic years [8 semesters]